KC CREW's Community Services Committee strives to involve members of KC CREW in charitable projects and organizations benefiting the metropolitan Kansas City area. In prior years, the Community Services Committee, often together with other KC CREW committees, has planned and held events to benefit the Women's Employment Network, sponsored a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure team, and recruited volunteers to work on several Habitat for Humanity houses. Past charitable events have included golf tournaments, pre and post golf tournament events, a wine tasting and cooking demonstration, coat drives for the Johnson County Christmas Bureau, and collecting foodstuffs for Harvesters.
KC CREW encourages its members to give back to the community, and the Community Services Committee is charged with identifying and implementing opportunities for members to get involved.
- Identify and participate in the selection of one or more charitable partners
- Identify and facilitate volunteer opportunities for KC CREW members
- Promote and educate members on the UCREW® program (an outreach to undergraduate and graduate women interested in pursuing a career in commercial real estate)
- Raise awareness among KC CREW members about the CREW Network Foundation and scholarship opportunities
- Take responsibility for fund raising aspect of annual Impact Awards event
- Increase committee membership and participation
- Increase communication with other committees and within the Community Services Committee
- Organize and implement opportunities for members to participate in charitable projects
- Work with Programs Committee to plan and organize community service-related events
- Undertake and/or coordinate fund raising aspect of annual Impact Awards event
- Provide judges for UMKC Strategic Case Study competition, encourage KC Crew members to attend, and promote KC CREW at event
- Consider fund raising efforts for the CREW Foundation and explore opportunities to encourage Kansas City area scholarship applicants
Monthly Committee Meetings
The Community Services Committee meets the second Wednesday of every month at 8:00 am.