The Communications Committee is responsible for researching and implementing creative, effective ways of connecting internally with KC CREW members, and externally between KC CREW and the commercial real estate industry regarding the goals of the CREW Kansas City Chapter, committee goals, and topics of interest. This is accomplished through publishing a quarterly newsletter, capitalizing on public relations opportunities, ensuring the website is current, and crafting an annual marketing campaign.
Our mission as a committee is to support the overall Kansas City CREW Chapter mission: We will improve and enhance communication to, by & among our members, our prospective members, our sponsors, and our National Network.
In furtherance of the stated goals and mission of CREW, the Communications Committee seeks to enhance the membership experience by informing current & potential KC CREW members via:
- Creation and distribution of chapter's quarterly electronic newsletter with reporting duties and assemblage of content, including but not limited to, updating of sponsorship information, reports of monthly events in written articles, and procurement of photographs as assigned by the Committee Chair.
- Coordination of chapter Web Site content, ensuring updates as needed and regular evaluation on ways to increase traffic to the Web Site.
- Coordination with National CREW chapter liaison of chapter e-blast content and timing.
- Promote networking among members.
- Take advantage of PR opportunities, such as media announcements, participation in special events (i.e., SIOR Day, Golf Tournament, Community Service Events, etc.), and cross promotion with other local real estate organizations.
Monthly Committee Meetings
The Communications Committee meets on the third Thursday of odd months at 12:00 pm and the third Thursday of even months at 4:30 pm at various restaurants around Kansas City.
We encourage and are actively seeking new members to join this committee. If you are interested in joining our committee or would like to attend a monthly meeting, please contact:
Novogradac & Company, LLP
7227 Metcalf Avenue, Suite 250
Overland Park, KS 66204
Crossland Construction Company, Inc.
3252 Roanoke Road
Kansas City, MO 64111